I nearly got side-swiped while out driving this morning. There were two left turn lanes. I was in the rightmost lane and a woman in a minivan was in the left one. When the light turned green she made a very wide turn and missed me by about six inches. I had to swerve on to the shoulder to avoid being hit. Then I saw that she had one arm partly out of the window and was holding a cellphone to her ear. I honked my horn and she made a waving gesture (just a wave, not an obscene gesture) and in so doing accidentally threw her cellphone out the window!
So here’s my public service list of the Top Ten Worst Drivers. I left out the really obvious ones such as drunks, tailgaters, aged hippies driving old VW buses, and middle-aged guys driving red sportscars.
Starting with the worst kind it’s . . .:
1) BMW drivers
2) Camaro drivers
3) Anyone talking on a cellphone without a hands-free headset
4) Old guys driving Lincolns
5) Long-haul Semi drivers
6) Young white girls in tiny econo-cars
7) Minivan drivers in the suburbs
8 ) Sheriff’s deputies named Bubba
9) Anyone in the leftmost lanes driving five – ten mph below the posted limit
10) Everyone else but me (tongue firmly in cheek)